You know it is going to be an exquisite day, a day of sunshine and fruitfulness when the birds wake you up at half past four in the morning, already in full song, trumpeting God’s greatness.
- I have finished planting the straw bales (3 are dedicated to zucchini and summer squash; one has a paste tomato and a tomatillo; one is the holder of the watermelon seeds – getting a late start, but they are on the south side of the house, so hopefully the bale and the sun will help me out. And the final two hold 4 unique and beautiful tomatoe plants. I sunk them in on Monday and I have never seen such happy tomatoes. Truly. They are just plum delighted.) Even the seeds I plopped in 6 days ago are sprouting very happily.
- Dave is filling the pool.
- I have completed almost all of my potted plants (still have a few things to buy).
- I have planted more radishes and lettuce and peppers and beets (beets because of Dwight on The Office – more of a joke…hopefully we’ll actually find something good to do with them).
- I painted numbers 1-5 in white on the little black grand-bebe breakfast bar stools. So cute.
- I painted my cherry end table black (which I have wanted to do forever!).
- I had lunch in the cool breezy shade with my amazing husband (who is tanning up nicely).
- I sewed four new cushion covers for the patio chairs.
- I got sidetracked a lot. And watched part of a crime show.
- I helped Dave a little with the swingset/play thing he is building the grand-bebes.
- Now I am off to birthday and celebration meal shop for Tredessa, who arrives home from vacation tomorrow.
Oh, that all days were as abundant…Jeanie
NOTE TO SELF: Hang the “Our Father” prints, sew more cushion covers – tonight…??
Pretty good day so far…Jeanie