I didn’t just fall off the turnip truck yesterday. I’ve been, as they say, around the block a few times and here are a some things I know:
- If it is going to rain only one day this week-it will be the day they throw the Penny Saver in the driveway.
- You spend a lot of years pursuing the Presence, thinking God is elusive and even at times withholding Himself because you’re in some kind of unconfessed sin or that you just are not measuring up. Then you find out you had it all wrong: He has been pursuing YOU!
- “One of the most time-consuming things is to have an enemy.” So said E. B. White.
- A scoured and polished kitchen sink will go looking for dirty dishes.
- If some one says, “Smell this,” don’t.
- If some one begins a sentence with, “No offense, but…”, brace yourself, they are about to offend.
- If that boy is right for my daughter, God will tell me. Believe it, girls.
- People are way less enthusiastic about receiving my advice than I am in giving it.
- The life you lead is the life you’ll someday leave – with your friends and family and specifically your children. So make it a good one. Live with the end in mind – leave the right legacy.
- “From the cradle to the grave – clean underwear comes first.” I read that in the comics once and it rings true.
- There IS a peace that passes understanding! That always surprises me.
- And – there IS a right way to place the toilet paper roll – my way.
This is gold, people, pure gold! Most of it is really, truly and actually stuff I think and say. Ha! I won’t claim any of it is original, though, because everytime I think I am posting some super-original thing, I google it and find out some one else had it before me. Bother.
Just wanting to share the wealth…Jeanie
NOTE TO SELF: Devote time to learning the secret to marrying fabulous shoes (think high-high heels) AND pain-free feet. This may be my ticket to wealth!
pictured: me in my cousin’s tree, age 4 – at their house where there was no indoor plumbing – YES! I am that old; me more recently, a bit worn out from having circled the block so many times – with the 5 amazings; google image of proper toilet paper installation.