I am in Springfield, Mo!
Ten Reasons to watch it again:
- The “bad” color. Red. M. Night and his symbolism!
- Adrian Brodey. And Bryce Dallas Howard (little Ronnie Howard’s daughter).
- Joaquin Phoenix. Tredessa wants to marry him. As this character.
- It isn’t a horror movie, but it will get your blood pumping.
- Over time, you come to understand and empathize with the thought process of the villagers.
- Because being blind doesn’t mean you can’t see.
- See it for when Ivy stands in danger, holding out her hand, knowing that Lucius will save her.
- Because everyone has secrets, everyone has been broken somewhere. Heartache is part of life.
- Because our monsters keep us all within limiting boundaries until we get the courage to venture into the unknown.
- And because of this scene on the porch:
Ivy Walker: When we are married, will you dance with me? I find dancing very agreeable. Why can you not say what is in your head?
Lucius Hunt: Why can you not stop saying what is in yours? Why must you lead, when I want to lead? If I want to dance I will ask you to dance. If I want to speak I will open my mouth and speak. Everyone is forever plaguing me to speak further. Why? What good is it to tell you you are in my every thought from the time I wake? What good can come from my saying that I sometimes cannot think clearly or do my work properly? What gain can rise of my telling you the only time I feel fear as others do is when I think of you in harm? That is why I am on this porch, Ivy Walker. I fear for your safety before all others. And yes, I will dance with you on our wedding night.