Mission’s Flame by Matt Redman
Let worship be the fuel for mission’s flame,
we’re going with a passion for Your name,
we’re going ’cause we care about Your fame,
send us out.
Several of my family left Friday for the Home of Refuge in Venezuela. Our deal is: if they go, I pray. There is an awesome group of 11 who went including Mary Jean (my co-mother-in-law) and Tredessa who are leading the group, my baby girl, Stormie, my niece, Elise, and Stef, who worked so hard alongside us for Heaven Fest that I have practically adopted her.
Here are some things you can join with me in praying about as they are already there and hard at work:
- That the kids in the neighboring village will hear the good news of Christ and be eternally impacted through the day camp they are having.
- For wisdom and guidance for Mary Jean and Tredessa in leading this team of 9 young adults. Pray Ephesians 1.17-19 for them and for Tony & Rosa, the leaders fo HOR in Venezuela and Honduras.
- For supernatural energy coming off of these busy last few months, and especially just following Heaven Fest-during which almost every single member of the team was intricately involved.
- For unity as a team. No offense or problems.
- That God would awaken His vision and unique calling for every team member on this trip.
- Pray for the physical health of each team member – with all the change, demand and even shock that a mission trip can bring, a vulnerability is created which wears down the physical body. Also, the heat and humidity can be draining. Pray for wisdom for each of them – that they would listen to their bodies and take proper care of themselves. At least 2 team members were dealing with health issues before going. Also, the scheduleis to be very demanding.
- Inflation is completely out of control in Venezuela. The rental for an OLD bus – and gas at 18 cents a gallon – is costing $1000 one way. 1 chicken (for dinner) costs $30. Pray for continued provision.
- They are focusing their efforts on leadership development of the older kids at HOR. The kids will be assisting the team in running a 3 hour/day “camp” for the younger kids at HOR plus the kids in the surrounding neighborhood.
- Venezuela has passed some new laws which make the country more tight, more controlled, more corrupt and more dangerous. Pray for safety and freedom from harm.
I miss you, my ones, but I also hear your cry toward heaven to be sent out. He has sent you and so I pray…Jeanie aka mom
NOTE TO SELF: “May the Lamb who was slain receive the reward of His suffering,” (the Moravian cry). Those sweet orphans are His reward.
6 thoughts on “Send Us Out”
They are all in my prayers. It is a wonderful thing that Mary Jean and Tredessa are doing for those children. Dear Lord, hold on tight to our dear ones, breathe strength and good health into their bodies, give them the nourishment they need for their bodies to remain healthy, let them say the words that need to be heard, put your shield of protection around each of them and bring them home safely. In your precious name we pray, Amen.
Thanks for the list of prayer needs. It helps to have specifics.
Praying with you for all these wonderful team members! I know God is gonna rock their socks off and they will never be the same. Robbin was looking so forward to rooming with Stormie! Now that’s a fun combo! :-) Look out world!
I am agreeing with you in all those specific areas.
I can’t think of anyone I would rather be adopted by! Thank you so much for all of your prayer and support! Both girls reminded me the first day that you were praying for Wrex and I and my heart just settled with peace…THANK YOU.
So much happened for me on that trip and so very much happened with my husband at home. God is so overly good…I hope to get this all down on paper and share with you or take you to lunch or something…let’s make plans! I love you!
Thank you for your prayers! We definitely felt them and had one of the best trips, Mary Jean and I have led. Our team was incredible! I feel so blessed to have been a part. God gave me some much needed rest as well, which is odd for how much stuff we crammed into this trip. Only God…