Amelie Belle was 10 days old on her first Easter. See how good her mommy looks?
Guini at “school” with Nonna on a sunny day
- Get the green light: get approval to move ahead or proceed with a project or task…like planting sugar snap peas, radishes, bibb lettuce, broccoli…etc!
- Green thumb: an unusual ability to make plants grow. Or maybe just knowing that if you put a seed in soil and water and provide the right environment, you will reap!
- Green room: a room where performers can relax before or after appearances (as in – everyone wants to volunteer to work the green room for Heaven Fest). www.heavenfest.com Go to site. Sign up to volunteer somewhere other than the Green Room!
- Greenback: a legal-tender note issued by the United States government (yes, please, I need some – issue away).
- Greener pastures:– something newer or better (or perceived to be better), such as a new job or, hmmm….is the neighbor’s forsythia starting to bud before mine?
- Green with envy: jealous or envious. I think the neighbor has already edged his front yard and mine is looking wobbly.
- Greenhorn: novice, trainee, beginner. The person who does their yard spring cleaning before the spring winds have had a chance to blow all of their neighbor’s leaves and debris into their yard.
- Green around the gills: marked by a pale, sickly, or nauseated appearance. Me, after that stinking heavy rain/snow thing broke the 4-foot growing top off the Austrian Pine that was finally giving a wall of privacy between my neighbor’s deck and my north-facing family room window..
- Turn green: to look pale and ill as if you are going to vomit. Me, upon closer inspection of my Austrian Pine.
- Going green: when someone or something makes changes to help protect the environment, or reduce waste or pollution. I have printed posters and will be involving the grandbebes in post-family-gathering recycling sessions! Please note: aluminum foil balls must be clean and at least 2″ in size.
But mainly? The grass is green again! The backyard is happy! The front needs to catch up!
I love love love this orange bag Stephanie and Tristan got me for Christmas sooooo much – I may carry it ’til I die!