No, sorry. I can’t show them. Tredessa and Ryan are honey-mooning and we have to wait.
But I took a few.
But it was barely any at all. I cannot believe it. I am a picture nut. I must have been busy! But here is a sneak peek into the final few hours before the I-do’s.” This is a little of my day…just a few days ago. Exciting times!
The runner gives good marriage advice. It was on artists’ canvas and will be stretched for wall art for the newlyweds.
Yes. I actually grew succulents for the bridal bouquets. And corsages and boutonnieres. In my kitchen. For 2 months. I am so silly sometimes, huh?
Mia and Mairin are lifelong family-friends. Their mom, Lisa is my most cherished friend in life. And out whole family is deeply attached to the whole Bierer family. They came from Minneapolis and jumped in and relieved me of all stress. I love them!
At this time I am taking a deep breath of joy. Looking around, remembering what I forgot and realizing: it doesn’t matter. My little girl is about to get married. There is nothing I forgot that even matters at all. It will be beautiful.
Family China was mixed in with the caterer’s China. Embroidered dresser scarves from Grandma were mixed with embroidered linens. Vintage enaml-ware and small antiques adorned tables with dusty-greens in vases (Tredessa is not a big flower girl). It came together.
Mairin and Mia set the desserts. I walked up and breathed a sigh of relief. Had a cake disaster (more on that later). Smiled. Put on lip gloss. And walked in to the church at 4:15, right on time. Lovely, lovely, lovely day. Seriously. Really. Lovely.
My wonderful friend, Patrice Wilson, catered Tredessa’s wedding.
This is Patrice (my friend!!) a few hours before the wedding behind the photo booth. Yes, she was busy. But she stopped and let me snap her picture.
Here is what I love about Patrice doing the catering:
- She is a fantastic cook. She is always coming up with new ideas and delsicious dishes and wowing us.
- She brings peace. Patrice is one of those people who doesn’t get riled. I am driven and freaking out at big events. She is the calm saying, “It will all work out.” She is right everytime.
- She can cook fancy or comfort or casual or elegant or anywhere in between.
- She is so servant-hearted.
- But best of all? She is Holy-Spirit-gifted with hospitality. So not only does she provide the spread, she warmly feeds your soul, too. When I started wrokig at New Hope almost 8 years ago now, she was one of the first people I noticed because hospitality and welcome just oozed from her. And she fed us good stuff. And I have loved her like crazy ever since.
And you? Should hire Patrice for your next party, big or small.
You’ll get great food, awesome service and peace for the day, all included in the price!
The wedding menu, in case you are wondering:
A delicious garden salad – a tomato/cucumber salad – hot rolls and butter – tilapia in a lemon-butter sauce – rice pilaf – chicken cordon-bleu – whipped potatoes – beef wellington, a tender steak with mushrooms in a flaky pastry wrap – garlic green beans – rotini with steamed vegetables in garlic butter – coffee – tea – water. Mmmmmmm……
THANK-YOU, Tricie. Love you. Hugs and kisses to Linda. And Jack, too!