I love coffee, but I am not a coffee snob. I mean, I grew up in the Folgers era and still like their commercials (plus they signed Danny Gokey on for a jingle contest, so, you know). I love Starbucks, but I grab coffee from McD’s and Del Taco sometimes, too. I mostly like like it plain, black and piping hot, but occasionally imbibe the icy Caramel Frappucino as dessert. And I prefer the bold, strong blends, although while in Maui 2 years ago, I became thoroughly addicted to the gentle Kona. I know these things:
- I love the smell of the house as it brews and the morning ritual of it means more to me than the flavor of it.
- Enjoying it with friends at a shop in the middle of any day is a major treat.
- Some people take it all way too seriously.
Those things said, here are the coffees I had to choose from this morning when I opened my cupboard:
- Great Value Decaffeinated. Why ever do de-caf? The CAF is what makes it great. But because I am a caring person, I keep a can around. Some people prefer it. But I must not be that caring or else it wouldn’t be Wal-Mart’s “Great Value.”
- Archer Farm’s French Vanilla. This is Stormie’s coffee of choice. She adds all the cream and sugar and gooeyness to it she can. I am not a fan, really, and sadly whenever she brews it, my next pot of plain. black coffee is French Vanilla, too. It lingers.
- Archer Farms Pumpkin Pie Spice. Dave bought this for me because I do go a teensy-bit crazy over Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Lattes when they arrive each fall. Here at home, though, I drink it black and though the picquant is pleasing, still, it does rather pale to the cream and sugar and whip-cream-on-top version. But drinking it this morning as I write, that seems appropriate. For it is sunny and bright and spring-y and not the warm, heavy comfort drink of autumn.
- Folger’s Classic Roast Instant Coffee. Why? Well, have you seen the library episode of Seinfeld? The one with the library investigator, Mr Bookman? He made a compelling case for having a jar. So I complied.
- Barnie’s Coffee and Tea Company Santa’s White Christmas. It is a bit much. It has actual white chocolate shavings in it and vanilla, I think. It smells wondrous while brewing, but I almost always regret drinking it.
- Boyer’s Coffee Supreme Blend’s Rocky Mountain Thunder. From our very own, local coffee company, a really dark roasted, rich and strong brew. My current coffee of choice almost everyday.
Inventory complete. For now.
Library Investigator Scene: Mr Bookman
Note to self: More coffee out with friends! And kids.
4 thoughts on “The coffee in my cupboard – a list”
I’ll do coffee with you more often!
Classic Seinfeld! One of my favorites! From the show that shaped a generation. A flawless scene right down to the reaction of Jerry. I love it. But I don’t love coffee, except for the smell… Weird…
You must try Boyers Kona Blend. I love it! Same with Starbucks Cafe Verrona blend. It’s strong with a very slight chocolate taste.
Count me in for a coffee date! Post Bolivia trip we must do it! :-)