I am blogging now! My amazing son-in-law, Tristan Kelley, got me set up, so with a nod to David Letterman for the use of his format, I’ll tell you why. Here goes:
Top Ten Reasons I’m Blogging Now
10. This is a way to record what is happening in my life in all different areas. I stunk at keeping diaries when I was young (always lost the key), and my journaling has been sporadic, but if I think some one will discover I’ve been neglectful, I am motivated to do it!
9. Bad memory. This shall be a record of my journey for everything I may forget as the days and weeks go by. And the kids can tell you, that could be a lot!
8. Because I said so…and I’m the mom! :) This is a chance to speak into the lives of my children (I hope to inspire and encourage them) and other friends and family and tell them things I want to make sure they know. And they can even talk back (through the use of “comments”). It’s your chance, kiddos!
7. I LOVE the site Tris set up for me! My girls found this stock image of the red-head and Tristan made the fall leaves swirl. It makes me laugh every time I see it. So, for that reason, I will be here blogging! [update: this was in reference to original header gif]
6. It’ll help me process what I am thinking and learning and, as I write, help me figure out who God intended me to be. “I think, therefore, I blog.”
5. Because I just know everyone will adore all my grandkid-stories and pictures!
4. You’re so far away: hopefully, I’ll get comments from friends old and new, near and far. And those letters that never seemed to have been mailed will morph into shorter, but more steady contact! HOPE-hope-hope!
3. I have soooooo much to say! Ask any of my childhood school teachers! But I hate talking on the phone. So. Blog.
2. Really cool, intelligent people seem to have blogs. I am hoping to become one of those.
And the number one reason I am now blogging: 1. My mother will like it!
NOTE TO SELF: Ask Tristan where spellcheck is on this thing???