This is installment #3 of Dave’s birthday blogs. See 50 Things I Love about Dave here. See 50 Words that Describe Dave here.
- To meet me.
- To love me.
- To marry me – be my husband.
- To change my life forever.
- To have lots of babies with me.
- Tara…and Dave (DP)
- Stephanie…and Tristan
- Tredessa…and ?
- Rocky…and Jovan
- Stormie…and ?
- For all the grandkids we’d share…The amazing grandkids:
- Gavin – anything Grandpa does, Gavin wants to do!
- Hunter – can keep Poppa talking about anything and everything all. day. long!
- Guini – “again! again!” If one twirl in the air good, 2 will be fantastic!
- Gemma – pointing out to us everything in life that is funny.
- Averi – Poppa’s dimples and cheeks!
- And all the grandchildren to come and great-grandchildren and the husbands we will add through Tredessa and Stormie…we are increasing!
- He was born because God is good.
- Because of a summer teen fling in the Heartland.
- Because the birth mother (who was really just a girl) chose life.
- Because the Rhoades family still had family love to share.
- Because Garry & Dale needed a little brother.
- Because Sandra and Sharon did, too.
- Because Debbie would need a big brother when the time came.
- Because Dad Rhoades had stories to tell and Dave had the heart to listen.
- Because worship teams would need a drummer.
- Because churches would need a pastor.
- Because people would need to be led beside quiet waters.
- To bring peace to any situation.
- To teach peace and live peace.
- To teach me the strength and power of gentleness, the value of just being nice.
- To bless people. When he prays God’s blessings-he knows what that means.
- There are stories to be told.
- Stephen King won’t live forever.
- The grandkids need their crazy-cool-swingset-playset-climbing apparatus.
- There are daughters to walk down the aisle.
- The world needs more twinkling Christmas lights and Christmas spirit.
- To leave a legacy of godly fathering.
- To leave a legacy of the faithfulness of God.
- To equip our children for all that lies ahead.
- To be an example as a godly man.
- To make a place for worship and for the One we worship.
- To worship the One.
- To own everything you could possibly need for absolutely anything and be able to keep it all in one 3-car garage.
- There are still passionate kisses to be kissed, hands to hold, love to be made.
- For indulging my ideas and new projects, all the while tempering me.
- To make toys and play GI Joe with the kids and put up the pool every summer.
- To dig the deep holes for my garden.
- Because no one else can pack like he does. A suitcase, the trunk, whatever…
- As proof that God is good.
Dave turns 50 on the 23rd. You can leave him a birthday comment here or send one to: firstname.lastname@example.org
pictured: Dave and I at a backyard soiree last fall (yes, I cut Bryan out of the picture!). I love Dave in his Latino-lover Western-Mexican snap shirt (from Stormie), though he is always timid wearing it, fearing people will really think he is trying to be a Latino-lover, which…he is. Really one. Not ‘trying’. *smile…
5 thoughts on “50 Reasons Dave was born”
Don’t you love how God knows exactly who we need and just gives us that person? He’s so thoughtful that way. :)
God is good!
Thank you honey, the last few days have been a little rough and so I didn’t check this, but now, looking at it, of course, I have tears running down my cheeks…
I was born for you…
I believe this is a testimony not only to how COOL Dave is, but also to how awesome God is for dreaming this whole life (dave) up! and to the very cool life that is Jeanie! miss you both!
So good to hear your voice, Roberto!