From a journal page last year. I scribble random thoughts madly, at times – with bullets and margin sidebars to illuminate my main thoughts. Here it is in one, semi-organized thought:
I want to change my response to past events and circumstances.
- I have no control over the things that happened or were said, but I'd like to REPENT of wrong reactions and re-write my history in godliness and Christ-likeness.
- Events are irreversible – what happened, happened.
- Jesus redeems me – buys me back. He can redeem me from my negative, evil-hearted reactions.
As a GOD-LOVER, I'm inviting You, LORD, to reach into my experiences and give me the chance, through Your redemption, to RESPOND differently. "For those who love God…He causes all things to work together for good…" (Romans 8.28)
Back to the "chosen treasures."
- I choose to fill my heart with gratitude for Your blessings.
- I choose to forget what is behind.
- I am making every effort to PRESS FORWARD to "lay hold of that for which Jesus Christ layed hold of me." (Phil.3.12-16)
- I want to have a heart that is ever praising You (Psalm 84.4)
NOTE TO SELF: I haven't got it figured out, but I don't want to stop reaching forward. Don't look back.
5 thoughts on “Redeemed Reactions”
Excellent stuff Jeanie. Thanks for sharing and revisiting that stuff…I will need to chew on that myself. love ya.
“I don’t have the time to maintain these regrets when I think about, the way He loves us”….yes?! YES!
oh, yeah, Stormie! Sing it!
I needed that thought today. Thanks, as always.