Algebra 1, my freshman year of high school (I think they now teach the same course to 4th graders): on exam day our paunchy teacher with the unruly hair, whose name escapes me now would say, “Don’t let your eyes wander. Some one may step on them.” And I could visualize that happening and it didn’t seem like something I would like to experience and so I never did even barely glance about.
Certain sayings smack of truth and are just good to remember. I’ve gathered a few for you:
- Keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.
- Coffee…chocolate…men…some things are just better rich.
- Don’t treat me any different than you would the queen. Please.
- Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, I may not follow. Don’t walk beside me, either. Just leave me the heck alone! (Claire Martin)
- “From the cradle to the grave, underwear comes first!” (Michael Fry)
Did I miss any important ones? Be blessed! Jeanie
NOTE TO SELF: Get wisdom! It is the principle thing.