You know it is going to be an exquisite day, a day of sunshine and fruitfulness when the birds wake you up at half past four in the morning, already in full song, trumpeting God’s greatness.
- I have finished planting the straw bales (3 are dedicated to zucchini and summer squash; one has a paste tomato and a tomatillo; one is the holder of the watermelon seeds – getting a late start, but they are on the south side of the house, so hopefully the bale and the sun will help me out. And the final two hold 4 unique and beautiful tomatoe plants. I sunk them in on Monday and I have never seen such happy tomatoes. Truly. They are just plum delighted.) Even the seeds I plopped in 6 days ago are sprouting very happily.
- Dave is filling the pool.
- I have completed almost all of my potted plants (still have a few things to buy).
- I have planted more radishes and lettuce and peppers and beets (beets because of Dwight on The Office – more of a joke…hopefully we’ll actually find something good to do with them).
- I painted numbers 1-5 in white on the little black grand-bebe breakfast bar stools. So cute.
- I painted my cherry end table black (which I have wanted to do forever!).
- I had lunch in the cool breezy shade with my amazing husband (who is tanning up nicely).
- I sewed four new cushion covers for the patio chairs.
- I got sidetracked a lot. And watched part of a crime show.
- I helped Dave a little with the swingset/play thing he is building the grand-bebes.
- Now I am off to birthday and celebration meal shop for Tredessa, who arrives home from vacation tomorrow.
Oh, that all days were as abundant…Jeanie
NOTE TO SELF: Hang the “Our Father” prints, sew more cushion covers – tonight…??
Pretty good day so far…Jeanie
2 thoughts on “Early Bird”
Getting ready for company? Hows that pool workin for ya? Cant wait to see all your painted projects!xxoo
Did your early bird let you know there would be tornado’s later? :oD