We are snowed IN! See the photos, a view from the living room window and our neighbor who has been shoveling out for hours – he is our hero! Can you believe, even as we took this pic a few minutes ago, it is still snowing!? (See the ap news account here:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061221/ap_on_re_us/snowstorm ) [no longer available]
I have heard varying amounts, but we know we’re well over 20 inches of snow, with the drifts in our yard being up to 4 feet high (the fences you see in the photo are 5 foot fences)! Just a few days ago, Dave was Christmas shopping in a t-shirt and shorts. That is Colorado!
Today our daughter, Stephanie, and her husband, Tristan, were to find out whether baby number three was a boy or girl, but even if they could get their front door opened, their car is buried somewhere out on Interstate 76, just east of Denver on the plains (city folk have no idea!). Tris didn’t get away from work quite early enough yesterday. Yikes!
So, if you’re reading this from Colorado, here are a few things you can do today at home –
- warm up with hot cocoa and re-read A Christmas Carol
- “The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear”
- Eat plum pudding and mince pie
- Stand under the mistletoe for extended periods of time – don’t leave until you get what you went there for
- snack on Christmas treats (it doesn’t show signs of stopping – I hope you bought some corn for popping!)
- shake a snowglobe
- walk outside for 5 minutes and actually become a snow-person
- go here for a smile:
http://terrisfunny.com/xmasflash1/frosty.html(thanks to my brother, Joe)
- And what a great day to have some fun with the kids. Go to www.jesustreedecorations.com where you can download a free book and ornament print-outs to help teach the kids what Christmas really is all about!
May your days be merry and bright. Blessings, Jeanie
NOTE TO SELF: Enjoy the snow as it falls like a blanket of grace from the sky and try to remember this blessing when our backs are aching from shoveling tomorrow and when cars splash us with muddy snow-slush this weekend at WalMart.
1 thought on “Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!”
Thank you for recommending my website to people. How kind of you. God Bless you, Garry Kennedy